Solid Wood Hat Stretcher & Size Retainer
Solid Wood Hat Stretcher is hand crafted in the USA for hats 6 7/8 – 8
The hat stretcher and size RETAINER protects your hat investment by maintaining the hat’s size and preventing shrinkage.
It is great for all types of hats including cowboy hats and fedoras perfect for felt, wool, fur felt, beaver fur and straw hats. There is no need to ever wear a tight hat again. Instructions for use are enclosed including how to use the hat stretcher to increase the size of your hat.
- The hat stretcher and size retainer fits hat sizes 6 7/8 – 8
- The hat stretcher is made in wood and designed for Long Oval hats.
Maintain Hat Shape and Size
Insert the Hat Stretcher and crank the turnbuckle until it fits the opening. Should your hat get wet or you don’t wear it for awhile the hat stretcher will help retain your hats size.
Stretch a Tight Hat
First off do not be in a hurry! Repeat the steps below until the hat stretches to the desired size. The idea is to stretch the hat a little at a time so you do not damage the hat.
- Use your steam iron to steam up the inside and outside of the crown.
- Insert the hat stretcher into the hat and adjust the turnbuckle until you have a snug fit… then pump some more steam into the crown of the hat and turn the turnbuckle a few more turns. How much you turn will depend on how tight your hat is.
- Let the hat sit for a day or two, upto a week or two. The tighter the hat the longer it should sit but NEVER sit a hat on it’s BRIM!
- Repeat process until you reach your desired fit.
supplied as information only, your own best judgement should always be followed
We recommend all customers who OWN a good hat, get a hat stretcher. If you have a tight hat this little tool is just the thing to stretch your tight hat to fit. It is a small cost for a tool that will keep ALL your hats fitting properly.
As well, if you only wear your hat seldom; or have a number of hats you wear, you will find our wooden hat stretcher a valuable addition to maintaining the perfect shape of your custom cowboy hat for long term storage or display. more hat maintenanace tips